Thursday 4 December 2008

Ryan Sidwell - Rip Off Plumber

NEVER use Ryan Sidwell! I was fooled by his charm and supposed expertise in plumbing and employed him to connect up my new kitchen appliances (which, as far as I’m aware should be fairly simple tasks for an experienced plumber). I found his details in the phone book and he had quite a respectable advert and sounded fine on the phone so we arranged that he would come round and do the work...

First of all he didn’t show up on the day he said he was coming and so I stayed at home all day for nothing. Then when he did turn up, he smelt of booze and cigarettes and generally looked a mess and very unprofessional. The job was really very simple, to plumb in a dishwasher and washing machine which for a plumber should not be a big job at all I wouldn’t imagine. Ryan Sidwell however, seemed to make a complete mess of it! He took two days doing the work that he had initially said would take him a couple of hours and because of the change in length of time the work took he increased the bill accordingly and rather than asking me to pay for two hours work (as quoted) wanted me to pay for two days! Initially I refused but then I paid him some of it just to get rid of him.

Ryan Sidwell is a rip off artist and con man... avoid if at all possible!

No comments: